Saturday, July 19, 2008

finding moi


Traveling a year after my mom’s accident was therapeutic. I cried with every inch of the road. Every road led me closer to my mommy. It reminded me of her journey, her journey to be with my dad. I cried buckets and buckets of tears. I felt the wheel needed to turn so I could finally heal and forgive myself for not being the daughter my mom deserved. With every destination, I come and go with hope that the pain will wither.

Now 3 years pass her death, and I’m on the road again. Traveling gives me the escape I need. Traveling never lulls me to sleep, I enjoy the scenery, think of my mom, do a lot of retrospect, I think of my own time when I’ll be saying goodbye, and I find peace. I find myself over and over and over again.

My mom’s in a better place… and I know she’s happy I am where I am – on the road!

No comments: