Saturday, July 19, 2008

bored bitch fit


I am forced to come and live in cotabato city. Work demands that I show up here. Normalcy is so hard to fake. Routine is so hard not to master. I can’t spell BORING and not press the caps lock key. I can’t tell you how boring it is and exaggerating is totally necessary.

I wake up to the sound of my board mates annoying disregard for people who still might be sleeping at 6 am. I am forced to take a bath because water has its own drama of not supplying enough when everyone’s rushing to work. I dress up, stare into space, brush my teeth, stare into space, and pretend im running out of time. I miss the morning rush in Davao. The need to get on the jeepney like everybody else. The loud ticking of the clock, and the killer stares u give the driver “puno na lagi, kahinayan ni manong oi”! Here, I cross the street, take a short jeepney ride, and I am so there! And I don’t look at the clock anymore, it’s a splash of cold water on my face every time! Heller nagdali ka manang!

The day drags on, and before I know it, the work manual says I should be heading home. I pity the chair, im the only life it has, it must miss me during off-work hours and worse weekends.

I go home, dinner already has become optional and forgettable. I go home and miserably hear my board mates TV volume at bomb-proof level. Hello gibombahan nata wala jud ta kadungog! My board mate’s annoying disregard for other people’s ear is really a great test for my patience. He still is anatomically complete. I’m just not really sure for how long.

Ah yes, my before bed hours I spend (right after the board mate decides to give our poor ears the rest it deserves), I wickedly listen to my ipod, singing at the top of my vocal chords, with the annoying board mate knocking on my door…poetic justice huh!

No comments: