Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Singapore


December 7-13, 2007

Destination: Singapore

my first international destination SINGAPORE! All the adjectives heard, read and said about this place either had super as prefix or “est” as suffix. Exaggeration is necessary! Its understandable since I come from south of a third world country. The city I come from is positively thriving, yet to reach its full capacity. Singapore is clearly on its better days, relative to what they were decades ago. The four-hour-travel was exhausting. The tickets we purchased were sold on unbelievably low rates, comfort was too much to ask. Arriving was a blur, i hardly remember the details of it. Gawd! I stepped on concrete and i thought “gee we have concrete back home”! hahahaha Earth to me, I’m still on the same planet, same continent, same timezone!

Singapore is officially clean, safe, organized, tourist-friendly, and memorable to me! I can’t say more than what is already written and said about the place. Its a destination, an experience, a much needed diversion, etc…

No comments: